We have released a new version of our backupscript and tools, which brings the scripts to the following versions:
- Backupscript to 2.0.0
- Installationscript to 3.0.0
- Restorescript to 2.0.0
Over the last months several improvements have been made to the script, the most important ones are:
- Better error handling during the rsync process, errors generated by rsync are well explained in the backupscript if one occurs.
- Added usage of the “nice” binary in combination with SQL dumps to reduce the generated disk I/O.
- Update mechanism added that will check for updates once a month and the installer also checks for updates every time you run it.
- The SSH key can be exchanged with the backupserver in case it is lost.
- Better quota and error reporting system.
- Added commandline options for updating and uninstalling, other options may be added in the future.
- Built-in help system.
If you have the old CloudVPS Backupscript installed you should upgrade using the new CloudVPS backup installer:
- Supported versions for upgrade: CloudVPS Backup version 1.4, 1.5 and 1.6
- Unsupported versions: CloudVPS Backup version 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, the upgraded version of the CloudVPS Backupscript where the configuration options are in the backupscript itself and the initial release of the CloudVPS Backupscript.
Should you run the unsupported version of the backupscript, please uninstall it by removing the crontab entry and the script itself and install the new script, please refer to the installation instructions below.
Online documentation including software requirements is available in PDF format below:
To start the installation or upgrade procedure, please issue the following from the commandline:
wget -O cloudvps-backup-installer download.cloudvps.com/pub/files/scripts/backup/cloudvps-backup-installer.txt
chmod +x cloudvps-backup-installer
The scripts are worked on actively and when new versions are released, a new changelog will be published, the changelogs are found below: