You can change the type of volume through the Horizon Web interface within open stack 2 from archive to SSD or SSD to archive. You can perform this change in a simple way. This manual is provided with a video instruction at the bottom of the explanation.
Before you begin adjusting the volume type, you should consider the following precautions
- Ensure a thorough backup of your data at all times
- You should remove all snapshots of the volume beforehand
- Close all applications that use the volume and unmount the volume
- Your VPS instance should be online
Convert a volume from archive to SSD or SSD to archive
- Log in first on the Horizon Web interface at https://openstack.cloudvps.com
- From The left menu select volumes and then volumes
- At the volume you want to change, select right from the scroll down menu "MANAGE attachments"
- Then select "Detach Volume" and then "Detach volume" again
- From the left menu then select again volumes and then volumes
- In the volume from the right scroll down menu, select "CHANGE VOLUME TYPE"
- Change the Volume type to your liking, SSD or ARCHIVE
- Set "Migration Policy" to "ON DEMAND"
- You will now see the Status "retyping" in the overview and once it has finished, the status Type of volume changes to your new choice
- At the volume select right again from the scroll down menu "MANAGE ATTACHMENTS"
- Under "Attach to instance", select the instance to be attached to the volume and select "Attach Volume"
- You can now use the volume again with the new settings
"It may occur a few times that the conversion does not work and the volume type does not change. You can fix this by waiting 5 minutes and then specifically selecting again in the left side menu Volumes. Next, follow the steps to change the volume type. "